With its 138 courses in 2022, UCLy has more than 11,000 students and auditors on a 54,450 m2 campus. In its growing dynamism, the Catholic University of Lyon offers new courses.
Here, pole by pole, are the various training courses you’ll find at UCLy.
Faculty of Law
Two new diplomas are offered for bachelor courses:
• The bachelor’s degree in law, European and international law enables you to take up a master’s degree in private law, public law, business law, international law, international business law, etc.
• the dual degree License de Droit / LL.B. of Law (Bachelor of Laws) in partnership with City University London. This double degree offers parallel studies in French law and English law (after a 3rd year in London) leading to the acquisition of a law degree and the English equivalent, the LL.B. (Bachelor of Laws).
Two new master’s programs are available for second cycle courses:
• Masters 1 & 2 Mention public lawCourse Public Action of the State – Interconnection Europe and Municipalities, refers to the main areas of public action and aims to determine at which level (State / EU / CT) the decision is taken and how this interconnection involves a redefinition of perimeters and Forms implies government action.
• Masters 1 & 2 Mention business lawDigital market and data law / law of data and the digital market (in French and English): specialist training in all national, European or international laws applicable to the market for digital activities (personal data, free movement of data, digital content, intellectual property, legal framework for artificial intelligence, etc.).
Institute for Human Rights
Opening of the new Master 2 in English for the IDHL: Human Rights Diplomacy
The Lyon Institute of Human Rights opened its new Master 2 “Human Rights Diplomacy” at the beginning of the academic year 2022.
This Diploma aims to train students in English through interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teaching in International Law, International Relations and Political Science.
speech of Human rights and international diplomacy, the training has the added benefit of involving experts in international law: professionals, VIP members of NGOs or international institutions (UN, etc.). By using an international network of partners, IDHL facilitates the professionalization and internationalization of its students’ courses for this new master’s course.
ESDES Business School
2 new programs will open at the beginning of the 2022 academic year
• The MSc Circular Economy and Sustainable Innovation : This program, taught entirely in English, is aimed at international and French students who wish to become experts in the circular economy and committed to eco-virtuous economic growth. This program, unique in France, is based on the cutting-edge knowledge of ESDES researchers and researchers and has been supported by many regional companies.
• Bachelor of International Business : The Bachelor in International Business is a 3-year program, taught entirely in English, designed to facilitate the integration of international students into the school. It opened in September 2022 and welcomes around thirty students with a total of more than 20 nationalities.
To find out more about the Bac subjects most suitable for your future training, about Parcoursup and about higher education in general, we give you an appointment at our Studyrama fairs for higher education, which are organized throughout France. A unique opportunity to discover the facilities and discuss with the education managers to ask them all your questions!
Faculty of Literature and Civilizations
Creation of a new minor in journalism
In partnership with the CFJ (training center for journalists), the Bachelor of Modern Literature opened up a new minor with a focus on journalism this year. Through alternating theoretical and practical courses, the training also prepares you for the entrance exam at the journalism school. Today, more than 20 students are starting their first semester, accompanied by professors and professional speakers from the industry.
The History License welcomes its first promotion
Re-establishment of the Faculty of Literature and Civilizations, the History License welcomed 75 first-year students in September. His two specialization courses, in Political Science & Geopolitics and in Tourism & Territories, with success among high school students in the region. In agreement with the University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, this training offers theoretical classes and deals with the four major historical periods and different themes: politics, society, economy, ideology… The opening of the courses and the recognition of this training will allow future graduates and graduates the continuation of their studies in numerous master’s courses.
License: Creation of a new University Diploma in International Relations
The licensure program, which delivers a dual post-baccalaureate (Bac+3), national bachelor’s degree in Applied Foreign Languages (LEA) complemented by a university diploma (DU) in communication and translation, will be complemented by a new DU international relationship enriched . After a first year of study teaching the LEA program and the two courses (International Relations and Communication, Translation), the student chooses the specialized DU, which is applied to the national degree in foreign languages.
Faculty of Theology
New DU Training Christians Regarding Jews: Fundamentals, Practices, and Expectations
Supported by the Christian Center for the Study of Judaism (CCEJ), it aims to train Christians in dialogue with Jews and enable them to discover the spiritual treasures of Judaism. Training over 2 years, Mondays.
What job(s) are you made for?
Take the test to find out