Know Your Nozzle: A Guide to Pressure Washer Nozzle Spray Patterns
Selecting the right nozzle for your pressure washer can mean the difference between delivering fast, powerful cleaning and damaging the surface you are spraying. Fortunately, pressure washer nozzle manufacturers have simplified things for pressure washer users. Nozzles are universally color coded, with different colors designating specific spray patterns. There are five standard nozzle colors.
Black Friday 2022 Pressure Washer Deals
Early Bird Deal
- : Includes 2 x 4.0 Ah lithium-ion batteries for up to 20 minutes of rechargeable runtime + dual port charger
- : Generates a maximum of 1196 PSI (at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing) and 1 GPM (with nozzle open at minimum pressure)
- : Exclusive EcoSharp technology for fade-free power and maximum performance
- : 6.6 gallon top load detachable bucket + base that connects directly to faucet for continuous water flow
- : For maximum maneuverability
- : 650 PSI / 800 PSI
- : Facilitates task switching
- : Automatically stops the pump when the trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong the life of the pump
- : Trigger gun + spray wand (combined length of 34″), 20 ft high pressure hose, garden hose adapter and needle cleaning tool
Different Colors of Pressure Washer Nozzles
The different colors are not meant for aesthetics but to show the different size of the nozzle and its intended use. Choosing the wrong nozzle for the job means you could damage the paint on your car or boat, cause serious damage to your wood deck, or even destroy the mortar joints in your brick driveway.
If you select the right nozzle for the job, it doesn’t matter the PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute) of your pressure washer. The nozzle is what creates the pressure in the pressure wash and you will get the degree of cleaning you desire. Consider your garden hose; the water flows out at the end at a certain rate, gallons per minute (GPM). If you cover part of the end of the hose with your finger, the water speeds up and the jet goes further. This is the principle of operation of the nozzle. Reduce the hole, and you increase the speed.
The different colors (and angles) of Powerwasher tips explained
Red = Danger
Red colored pressure washer nozzle gives maximum blast with almost no conical spray . At 0 degrees, the jet is a point jet that can damage and cut soft surfaces such as wood, paint and coatings. The pressure is so intense that it can even scratch metal surfaces held too close to the object.
Tools Pro 6-in-1 Nozzle
- 6 models include 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap and rinse;
- 1/4 inch, up to 4000PSI;
- High strength aluminum body;
Accessory/specialty nozzles come in many types for many different uses. They are still sold separately and include second stage extension wands, scrub brush attachments, rotating brushes, gutter cleaners, flat surface cleaners, scrub brooms, foam blasters and more. ‘others.