It’s still there, hidden under the surface of an old house. We all want it gone, but stripping paint with high pressure water isn’t the answer.
This causes lead paint chips, large and small, to be blown all around the yard and mix into the ground where children can potentially ingest it.
50 reasons why you should never pressure wash your home
Here are fifty reasons why you should never pressure wash your home. Fifty ways pressure washing unintentionally does more harm than good.
Everyone pressure washes their house in one way or another, at one time or another. Very few people know that the way most people do it, however, is NOT good for your home and poses additional risks.
Benefits of Pressure Washing Your Home
With all these dangers, you might be wondering why you should even consider pressure washing your home. However, in the right hands, pressure washing can be incredibly beneficial to your home.
- When used at the proper levels, pressure washing can clean your home of grime, bird droppings, and unsightly stains. It enhances the curb appeal and just makes you happy to come home to your lovely home.
- When done right, pressure washing is a valuable part of home maintenance that keeps your home in pristine condition while preventing bigger problems down the road.
- Pressure washing eliminates mold and mildew, which harms both your home and the health of your family. When mold and mildew go unchecked, it continues to grow – and mold can grow in the walls, which means the inside of your home could be affected.
- When done by a professional, pressure washing is a valuable step in preparing the surfaces of your home for repainting.
You could accidentally remove lead paint
Some houses have lead paint on the outside. Pressure washers will remove this lead paint. You might be thrilled about that, but the truth is that removing lead paint from a house with a pressure washer is a really bad idea. It can send paint chips all over the place and the lead can get into your floor and cause problems.
Rather than pressure washing your home yourself, you should let Ethan’s Roof & Exterior Washing Inc. provide you with house washing services. It’s a safer alternative to pressure washing and will leave your home cleaner than ever. Call us at 985-789-6436 today to schedule a house wash.
● Do not use high pressure water for some materials
The pressure washer uses high pressure water to easily clean different surfaces. This pressure is significantly higher than that of normal tap water. You should adjust the water pressure according to the strength of the surface you are cleaning. Otherwise, you could end up damaging surfaces like vinyl siding, wood, or your car.
Pressure washers are well suited for cleaning surfaces with stubborn stains that cannot be removed with a normal hose. To clean some stains, it helps to use detergent before power washing. This will break up the dirt and kill the mildew. After applying the detergent to the surface, wait at least 5-10 minutes and then clean it with your pressure washer.